Thursday, April 25, 2013

Are you F.I.T. for the Shift?

As the days get the longer, the temperature has me dreading my spring and summer wardrobe.
Here's my list of needs, hopefully it will be helpful to you too.
1. Strapless Bra - at the end of summer last year the wire in my strapless all of a sudden wanted to be seen. Quick fix: push the wire in, take needle and thread, sew it up...eventually the wire is gonna break through the hand stitch. I quick fixed it until the end of summer; its time for me to purchase a new good one.
2. Jeweled for days flat sandals - between picnics,bbq's, festivals and everything else the fabulous summer offers...I ran all my super cute jeweled sandals through the mud...literally. I don't spend a lot on this purchase because they'll be beat by the time summer is over.  I need a gold, silver or white and black flat sandal. Here's a few tips when buying on a budget: When buying your jeweled gold flat sandal it CAN NOT have clear stones...it screams cheap. The stones should be topaz, copper, bronze or multicolored. Look at the stitching, if the shoe is black the thread should be too. Black sandal or a gold with white thread screams cheap. Now there is a trend under the same guideline as the exposed zipper...the exposed thread but I think y'all kinda know how I feel about silly trends. Invisible zipper me please and keep my thread unnoticeable. Thanks. :)
3.I need wife beaters (that's what I call them) but if you prefer the politically correct term...I need fitted tanks. From my shorts, to my mini pencils, to my colorful jeans, to my long necklaces, they all deserve a blank canvas that doesn't take away from their beauty.
So far I've purchased from my checklist:
1. A spring jacket
2. Super cute ballet flats
3. White jeans
4. A few new dresses
5. Crossbody bag
These pieces added to the current mix should get me through the warm weather.

I'm praying my husband doesn't really read this list. LOL! I have a lot of warm weather needs and he constantly ask where are these things going. SMH at me. :)

F.I.T. Tip- While wearing your sleeveless tops and shorts, stay moisturized all day.  In a empty bottle mix 1/4 Vegetable Glycerin, 2/4 water and 1/4 your favorite natural oil or moisturizer(my preference coconut oil)...shake, shake, shake seƱora. Lol! Your moisturizer is ready and will have you soft with just the right amount of sheen to your skin.  FYI - Vegetable Glycerin soften natural hair(mix it with your regular natural hair oil) and is awesome for acne.  Vegetable Glycerin can be very sticky alone, be sure to mix it well.


What's new at FLO Emporium? Here's a few pics:


....So yesterday, I get a call to turn to BET, I do. There I find a dress I purchased for one of my favorite clients months ago.  She looks dynamic in the dress(right pic below), I always appreciate that she doesn't wait for media to believe in a style. I said all that to stay trust your style, take risk, don't wait till you've seen it in the media to believe in the look because sometimes what looks fab on one looks sad on the next. :)  Have a great weekend y'all! Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment