Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Perfect Tee

Many times we enter a big box store looking for anything but a tee, this is an essential.  Do you ever have those days and you say..."shoot I need a basic fitted tee"??? The perfect long sleeve tee is essential in the fall and winter, layer it under a blazer, sweater, cropped jacket or shrug. Basic elements such as the perfect tee are the finishing touch to your wardrobe.  I'm gonna give you a few tips on the perfect tee; body type, material and cut are few important components to remember in selecting your tees. (if you aren't familiar with your body type check out my older post they discuss all body shapes).

A Crew Neck Tee is usually what comes to mind when we think about fitted t-shirts. Crew neck tees are excellent for accentuating the bust, because there isn't any exposed skin and the shirt is slim fitting the eyes tend to land directly on the boobs. Whatever size chest you have, when wearing a crew neck tee your brassiere MUST BE ON POINT! Undergarments are always important but a crew neck tee will point out a non-supportive bra...not a good look. I saw young lady the other day with a horrible bra and a crew neck tee, the t-shirt looked extremely small as if it was choking her.  That leads me to my next point, crew neck tees need to be the right size...try it on.  Because everything is covered a too small crew neck will show every imperfection (rolls, smashed boobs, sagging boobs, you name it)...remember we're trying to accentuate the positive.


A Scoop Fitted Tee, is one of my favorites. There is a little exposed skin to show what some men say is the sexiest part of a woman's body, her decolletage. You have a lot of playing room with this tee and numerous ways to implement the shirt into your daily attire. I used the term playing room because you can wear the scoop tee to work with a suit, a statement necklace or running your errands, I usually throw my scoop tees on with some leggings and a blazer/jacket and I'm out the door(I buy extended length tees just to cover the dairy aire:)). Lastly, out on the town...I've been caught waiting to last minute to get dressed quite a few times; pair this tee with some skinnies or trousers(wider at the bottom and fitting correctly at the waist), pull out the sexiest pumps, grab your clutch and accessories...grab your boo and say I'm ready, sorry I took so long. :)


V-Neck Fitted Tees, have a funny relationship with me. Always one of my favorites but depending on the material it could go bad. My preference with the v-neck is 95% cotton and 5% spandex because it holds its shape the entire time your wearing it. 100% cotton tees lose the shape and this is extremely bad with a v-neck tee because shape is crucial with this tee. If a v-neck tee has no shape it creates a larger waist, the objective of the tee is to accentuate your cleavage...so now you have accentuated breast and the illusion of a larger midsection...I'll pass.




The Boat Neck Tee is tricky and can sometimes make your shoulders look broad and breast will appear large, just off the cut alone. Personally...I don't buy this shirt, my chest is on the larger side (broad shoulders and boobs don't go well together). If you must wear a boat neck tee balance the look of the broad shoulder with a wider bottom (jean, trouser), remember to always create balance.






Check out www.floemporium.com!!! Unique jewelry and essentials guaranteed to turn heads:)

No comments:

Post a Comment