Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Belts:Through thick and thin...a lady's best friend :)

Again...I want to say everything for sale isn't for everybody. My paternal side of the family blessed me with breast.  Quickly I had to learn how to make them work for me.  My Mother was a fashion maven( not just saying that because she's my Mom...Unbelievable style), but breast wasn't her challenging area...early on I noticed as we shopped she purchased more fitted tops and belts for me.  I would always think to myself...Mom, these watermelons are too big for fitted tops, Momma always knows best.  Blousie clothes add volume...I didn't need any volume(still don't :)). Wide belts are truly a lady's best friend, especially if your body type is an inverted triangle (see Let's Begin the Journey for the definition of inverted triangle).

Some other random thoughts running through my head...hope its helpful.
The neckline is a crucial area for voluptuous women.  Necklaces are awesome (no chokers...unless you want to look like She-Man:)), bows and ruffles are tricky, most times they give the illusion of more(idk about you...but I am pleased with mine, just the way they are).  Now bows and ruffles are awesome for women with smaller breast, especially if the blouse creates cleavage too. Just recently I wore a dress I bought two years ago at an outlet. I couldn't leave it in the store, it was super cute AND $12...come on now :) the only problem was the gargantuan bow that should've been tied at the neck.  I was being rushed out the store, so I bought the dress and it sat and sat and sat, I finally decided to wear the dress( hadn't quite decided what to do about the bow but figured I'd cross that road when it was time).  So again, I'm being rushed as I get dressed, in the time crunch situation I continued to play with the fabric until I achieved a look that felt perfect. That's me; left side, creme dress...its the end of the night (cocktail or two:)) so don't stare...lol! I added a wide belt to the dress, to cinch the waist and create shape.
I'm not keen on sharing pictures of myself but I think its important in helping you achieve your ultimate look.

Let's review:
1. Baggy clothes aren't slimming, they add volume.
2. Wide Belts, are your friend (they also help your posture).
3. Ruffles and bows on the decolletage, adds pounds.
4. Play with your clothes.
5. Chokers, aren't for everyone. 

Thanks for reading, questions and comments are always welcome.

For the latest in accessories and essentials, go to www.floemporium.com.



Pay attention to what influences you and make the right decision for you.  DO YOU.

LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE.

3 comments:

  1. I've always had problems with belts. Now I've worn them before but with hesitation. Where exactly do you wear the belt; directly under your breast or on your stomach? I've seen women wear them directly under their breast and it looks as if the belt is holding them up and out. However, when I've worn belts, I always put it around my stomach and it ends up moving up. So, if you have on a fitted shirt with a belt and it moves up and your stomach isn't quite flat, it sticks out and that's not attractive. What is the proper way or how should you wear your belt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ms. ATM,

      Great question. The wide belts should fit your waist. The wider the belt the better because it gives more support and is an unconscious reminder to suck it in:). LOL! I've seen the up and out situation too and most times they are tall and voluptuous (longer torso) with improper belt placement, your belt should always sit at the small of your waist...accentuating your hour glass figure. I have a short torso, which means my belt is sitting on my stomach and directly under my breast. It is interesting you mention your belt sliding up, its too big (thinking about writing something discussing sizing)...your belt shouldn't move(slide). Thanks for reading and I hope I answered your question. :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks, this was very helpful seeing as though I just purchased a dress today with a belt. Lol. Of course, the belt is too big and I will end up having to buy another on that fits or in other words, won't rise up. When I wear my next belted outfit, I'll make sure to place around the small of my waist.

    ReplyDelete