Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Let's Begin the Journey

Hi all, I'm excited about this venture we're taking together to learn and understand more about fashion.  I want to begin by giving you an image of the different body types.
The six body types is a guideline to help you determine which image is most identifiable.
We're going to begin today discussion with the inverted triangle.  This body type has excellent features such as athletic legs, and larger breast.  Most often when images are shown of this shape we see very slim women, but as I told you before I'm gonna keep it real. 

First, I want to say I LOVE SHERRI.  I am just tired of her personal stylist putting her in garments that don't accentuate this fabulous women appropriately. In the first image Sherri has on a small belt below the waist bring attention to her narrow hips.  Correct me if I'm wrong but every women wants to create the illusion of an hourglass shape and you can.  In both images to much attention is directed to her breast.  Simple ways to add a little va-va-va-voom is too add a belt (I know you say she has on one but...), when added at the waist which is about two fingers above your belly button (no thin ones please, we're creating an illusion).
Using a wider belt at the waistline with a button down shirt or loose fitting blouse will cinch in the waist and automatically begin to create volume in the area you want it most.


The next step is finding the perfect bottms it must flow (the main objective is to create a balance between your shoulders and your hips. Don't get upset, but skinny jeans and leggings are your worst enemy (check out the first image of Sherri). When you find garments that give balance, we might as well all say you become the knockout Diva that's been waiting to come out.
Hope this helps. Tomorrow's topic: Undergarments, we can't go any further without making sure we're right underneath our fab clothing.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment