Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Undergarments Make The Garment

First, I want to thank those that took the time and subscribed.  I am truly passionate about finding the beauty in every woman, because we all are fabulous...it's just time we recognize and SHINE.

Now back to business :) the topic for today is extremely important, before we go any further in the fashion world.  I want us all (subscribers and onlookers ;) ) to get the myth out of your head that undergarments do not apply to all. The main purpose of all undergarments are to lift, tone (stop the jiggling), and shape.  Does Kim Kardashian wear undergarments??? Yes. Beyonce??? Yes. Oprah??? Yes.  Let's just solidify this topic by saying undergarments are essential.

Ladies, I want to begin with the brassiere often times when I tell women my size they are completely shocked. Why??? Because ladies it is important that you get fit appropriately. Do not go to Victoria Secret or Fredrick's for a fitting, because they carry a limited amount of sizes.  Their job is to sale the merchandise, so they are going to fit you for the sizes that they carry. Believe me, when I was in denial I walked in many times and left with brassieres that did not lift, tone, or shape.  I must say though once you get fitted at a store that specializes in a variety of brassiere, it is perfectly okay to go to Victoria Secret or Fredrick's and buy; I just want you to know the correct size. There are a variety of stores that fit, but before you get fitted walk around in that department because you want to ensure they have a vast variety of brassieres (remember their objective is to sale). Two stores I recommend are Intimacy and Nordstrom, they both have a knowledgeable team that will fit you and explain sizing.  Ladies if you know of others please post, let's share the wealth :)

Now to the waist and below. Waist cinchers are the best, BEST friend, not the ones Mom and Grandma wore.  It's a new day and age, you can feel good, comfortable and definitely breath in the modern cinchers.



You do not have to pay a tremendous amount of money for these, Bali's, Hanes, and Spanx carry them. I'm a bargain shopper and have purchased tons of waist cinchers from Marshall's, Loehmann's, and Filene's Basement.  Definitely check out the bargain store's intimate department they have great merchandise that you would find at major department stores, Target has them too.


Now, the waist cincher usually only comes above the knee, new designs have been created lately extending the hosiery to the ankle.  If you are wearing pants the footless shaper is what you desire. The footless shaper is important because it gives you a consistency down the entire leg (no lines, no double thighs...you catch my drift).
This might be TMI but in case you didn't believe me, here's Eva with her undergarment (her stylist should've purchased a black one)
Jessica has her undergarments on too, don't know why they are showing. This is definitely not a new fashion statement, just wanted to inform you everybody is lifting, toning, and shaping when they're not at the gym :)
F.I.T. Tip - Are you in a funk??? Try evening primrose oil, it works wonders. http://www.safesupplements.co.uk/how-can-evening-primrose-oil-help-moods.html

Shop www.floemporium.com




Have a great day all! MUAH!



2 comments:

  1. love it, moms and granny always made sure to keep lycra on them thights and good bras..i know with my size i need to use them on a regular but i usually reserve them for church..lol..this is really and great tip and i love me some loehmans 2 girl..folks b slippin on that spot..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing I find most with Victoria Secret is the fact that like you said their job is to sell merchandise. But, even when I could fit into Victoria Secret ( I was a 38D now I'm a 42 DD) their bras didn't lift. They are geared toward exactly who you see in their commercials, A cups. Maybe B cups too. But now that I'm a 42 DD for a while it was hard for me to find a good bra. I tried several lines Goddess, Wacoal, Bali, but all fit ok, but I found problems with the wires coming out or breaking. But now, I SWEAR by CACIQUE by Lane Bryant. I should have been in that store LOOOONG time ago. Not only are they cute(not the mom bras with the thick straps that only come in nude, black, white) but they lift, support, and just make your boobs look great. I buy these bras and ONLY these bras. My friends think I have a lingerie addiction (which I do) but once you find a product you really love, you will keep coming back. Great topic! I can't wait for more blogs.

    ReplyDelete