Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Tie Doesn't Always Equal Buy


Classics are always key pieces to have in our closets and when dealing with black tie it's always best to buy separates.  Separates offer versatility allowing maximum wear out of your garments. Another bonus is when you shop, less money is spent because most times all that is needed is a top or some jewelry to rework the look.
Trends are going to change or we might just get tired of one piece, but its actually a smaller bite to the pocketbook because you aren't buying an entire look. When choosing separates it is imperative to check fit, you know what we say when see someone at a black tie affair with an ill fitting garment. We're not happy with them and wish they would've taken a few seconds to look their best. Let me say now I'm not the excuse person I just believe in improvements that's all. I understand we all have responsibilities but if we don't invest in ourselves then who will. My point is, most times black tie garments needs to see the tailor, just because we want our clothes to look like they were made just for us not from a template on draft paper. Okay, I found some pretty neat separates and I kept things pretty classic, you'll find I'm very eclectic so sometimes classic is difficult for me, but I have to say those are the pieces I continue to wear year after year.

CLASSIC SEPARATES:
A woman's tux is always a great starting point - a true classic.

The cigarette pant has been around for ages, once called pegs and drainpipes. We currently call it the skinny, with the bonus of spandex the cigarette pant now gives us a slimmer fit. This form flattering pant is a perfect separate to add to the wardrobe.



 FYI - LOVE the boutiques online, but please let us know the fabric and median measurements (chest, waist and hips) of one consistent size, it takes time but if it isn't done it can definitely kill my sale and I'm a shopoholic. Think of the skeptical shopper, there looking for any reason to keep their money - don't give them one :)
Sorry fellow shoppers, we gotta keep them in business, right???

Thank for reading, looked at my stats today couldn't believe the tremendous support. :-)

Look out for Saturday's post plan to run down a few of the deals I spotted for the anticipated Cyber Monday.

Stay fab :)

No comments:

Post a Comment