Tuesday, July 5, 2011

5 Ways to Ensure the Perfect Summer Look.

After a wonderful weekend and viewing all the "sites", I felt the need to give some summer advice. Just because it's for sale doesn't mean it's meant for everyone to purchase. Please remember, always a lady FIRST.

Maxi Me?
1.  I'm must reiterate, please dress for your body type (read October 29th post). The Maxi dress looks fabulous in the department store but it isn't made for the thick hourglass silhouette. Why? Most Maxi Dresses are made without a waist, they are usually a rectangular silhouette, or sometimes an umpire fit.  Therefore if you are extremely curvy it hides your greatest asset (your small waist) and makes you look larger.  The Maxi is PERFECT for the rectangular body type (especially the taller diva) because the dress flows with your shape.  Hiding the belly, which can sometimes be a problem with the rectangular body type and creating the allusion of a long and lean fashionista. 
Wedge, Heel or Flat? I'm still fab...
2. This summer I've seen so many disasters with the stilettos in the grass, this is a complete no. In the grass you can't get your sexy strut on because your heel is sinking in the grass and when you finally come out of the grass your hot heel is a disaster with grass and mud everywhere. Solution. I've been told I'm a little shorter than most so I do like a higher shoe at all times, my solution is the wedge. It offers the flat sole, gives great height and most times it's comfortable. Ladies, it you must wear a flip flop - get one with jewels, a metallic or even a unique style (the fellas are checking out our feet). One last thought on the shoe tip, flats, wedges can all be sexy just be sure to put a flattering polish on your toe nails.
www.gojane.com  
If you need to Pull in the Middle, Reconsider.
3. Recently I was in the fitting room with a nice young lady trying on shorts that honestly fit like a bloomer.  She looked at me and before she could ask, I told her no - very politely I might add. There isn't much to stay, it isn't appealing and sure isn't comfortable to constantly pull your shorts down from in between your thighs. Solution. Get a larger size or a longer short.

Strapless with Straps, how so?
4. I'm not sure which fashion guru sent out the memo that bra straps and a strapless dress is the hottest look of the season. I must disagree, I can assure you, having a larger chest myself there is a strapless bra for everyone. Go buy it, it might be a small investment but it's worth it. Check out this store:  http://myintimacy.com/, they always hook me up.



 Wifebeater for everyone!!!!
Create your own Maxi Dress
5. If your budget doesn't permit shopping for the summer, buy a pack of wife beaters (tank tops for those who don't know). Take your old skirts, shorts, fab necklaces and earrings and recreate your wardrobe.  Remember last seasons trend? All the skirts with the big elastic waist band, pull those skirts out and rock 'em with your wife beater, a chunky necklace and you're ready to be the cutest thing at the BBQ. Or the bohemian skirts, perfect with a long necklace or a belt (not both), and fitted wife beater (I still have mine from college, no joke). 

Check out my website, if your in need of some affordable accessories and essentials: www.floemporium.com

Enjoy the rest of summer and stay FABULOUS!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment