Thursday, July 21, 2011

Style From the Inside First

I LOVE fashion but style is the entire package, so I thought it was important to discuss a couple components that encompass a stylish woman. I contacted my favorite esthetician, Touch of Monet - tishamonet@aol.com and she listed 5 tips to achieve a flawless look
1.Black doesn't crack but it does burn, you must wear sun protectant. The ingredients should include UVA and UVB protection, if you don't have those two you don't have protection from damaging your skin.
2. If you are gonna be outside all day LEAVE the FOUNDATION alone, because nothing will keep it in place if you've been sweating all day. Use a little press powder and bronzer for a finished look.
3. Lips need Protection just as well as the skin. Look for lipsticks, chap sticks and glosses that have SPF.  Also you can put a little sunscreen or lip chap with SPF on your lips before applying your gloss / lipstick.
4. Hydrate. Touch of Monet says take a challenge for a week, only drink water and you'll see the difference. Your skin will have more of a glow.
5. 4 things you must do daily to have healthy vibrant skin. Cleanse, Tone, Moisturize and Protect


I also want to discuss an issue I feel very strong about and have ran into a lot lately, confidence. As much as I talk about fashion, confidence is THE MOST attractive quality anyone can have.  Ladies, if you don't think you're beautiful no one else will.  We all have flaws, stop being sorry Susie and love your body whichever way it's shaped.  I'm not a therapist, but here's 5 tips to begin the process of LOVING yourself:
1. Start exercising, I'm not saying this because you need to lose weight but exercise releases endorphins. Endorphins make you feel better.
2. Cry. As long as you hold onto build up frustration it continues to build. LET IT OUT!!!! When you have a private moment, it's okay to cry or hit something no one is watching. I promise you'll feel better.
3. Meditation or Yoga.  I have a quick funny story, my ex always made sure I stayed in yoga, LOL! Yoga changes your entire mind state, when practiced consistently. Meditation and yoga gets you to a point where nothing can effect you, seriously. My Motto: It always works out.
4. Spiritual Grounding. For me it's church every Sunday, unless I had an extremely rough night (hey, I'm human :)). For others it's the Mosque, the Hall, whatever you choose believing in something higher than yourself is the faith to know there is no need to worry. My Motto (again): It always works out.
5. Have Sex (it's a form of exercise, lol), not with random Ron find someone you trust and feel comfortable around(use protection too). Sex is an instant mood lifter. 

Okay so I didn't talk about fashion but I felt it necessary to take a slight detour, I want you all to love yourself. However fabulous the clothes are, they mean nothing if you don't feel good in them.

Check out www.floemporium.com, it's a few new pieces I know you will love.

Peace :)

No comments:

Post a Comment