Friday, February 15, 2013

Are Trends Worth Your Wallet?

Hey Y'all! :) Sale, thrift and classic are my favorite words. Classic pieces = quality...trends = cheap (price not look) as you can find it!!! Notice I said quality not expensive, my best classic pieces are either my Mom's, a thrift come up or something I forgot about in the back of my closet(yes I do it too "What to Wear in a Closet Full of Everything").

Chrisette and Zoe's outfits are perfect casual cute. You know those days when you have someone ;) or something planned and you want to look just the right amount of effortless but the perfect amount of hot? Lets discuss which pieces should be quality and where you can save your doe.

Blazers are universal. You should always have a quality black blazer(a white one would be a great bonus). The colored blazers in your closet most likely won't get as much wear as the black one. Spend money on classic pieces you can wear time after time.

Shoes - Chrisette's shoe is where you save. Cute and trendy always equals bargain basement. Trends like spikes, peep toe boots, the wedge gym shoe will only be around for a short time. Zoe's pump is where you want quality. A classic pump will always be your go to shoe in a crunch. Perfect example: picture a classic pump with Chrisette's look. Will it work? Yes. On the other hand, Chrisette's bling wedge with Zoe's fit? ...ummmm no.

Tees and casual cute tops should always be a quick come up, meaning under $30. I'm not a fan of designer tees that's going to fit and do the same thing my tee from Alloy will do. Hanes mens tagless tanks from a big box store are a staple in the summer. They work perfect under a blazer, with short shorts/skirts and fab jewelry or rock a Hanes tank with your hippie/bohemian skirts/pants. Please be clear a blouse falls under the category of quality...not the same as a tee or casual cute top.

Jeans - Find the cut that compliments you (lengthens your legs, perks the booty up, covers the love handles). I have a pair of denim trousers...old as mathuelsalim but they never fail me. Quality denim, a century 21 come up and they lengthen my legs. Quality jeans always but stay in your budget. $150 jeans is a joke for everyone, pay me I'll find it for you. LOL! :)

Check out the Goodwill, they have a membership rewards program. It includes 10% off purchases $20 or more, tracking your own donations, advance notice of sales and special promotions and I received a coupon with $10 off for my birthday! YAY!!!   http://www.goodwillindy.org/rewards


The discount stores are great too, I purchased a white Narciso Rodriguez Blazer on sale for $25 at Kohls.  It hasn't arrived yet but I'll let you know how it fits once it gets here.  Kohl's offers $10 coupons for every $50 you spend, I have walked out of there spending only a $1 with tons of stuff. I love a quality bargain! The recession hit and a few couture designers needed to eat, so they decided to create designs for big box stores. Works for me...sometimes(never get caught up on the name, quality first). Isaac Mizrahi was one of the first and the other designers followed his lead.






F.I.T. Tip:  Pants hangers are great for all the miscellaneous shopping/gift bags you want to keep. Clip them on the hanger and store them in the back of the closet.





Love Ya! MUAH!!!
www.floemporium.com

No comments:

Post a Comment