Friday, February 8, 2013

You Got The Look



Hey Y'all. I'm often asked where can I find this top or that dress.  Usually I know or have an idea of where you can find a complimentary similar item. Starting today we'll discuss the look and go a step further to discuss which silhouette ( http://www.flowithstyle.blogspot.com/2010/10/rectangles-does-symmetry-exist.html)  can rock it off the meters!


Here's the look:
Its very fitting to begin with my wedding dress which was later worn by Fantasia to the Trumpet Awards.
The Dress: Lauren by Ralph Lauren 
I purchased my dress from Lord & Taylor on sale...its on sale now. :) This dress is perfect for the hourglass and rectangle silhouette.  The cinching on the side of  the dress creates or accentuates the waist for the symmetrical body.

Target
Neiman Marcus
Above are two examples of cinching at different price points.






Leggings here, leggings there...leggings everywhere
Leggings are available in any color, length and pattern...I'm addicted.  They are comfortable, the right pair will hold you in and the patterns just adds a touch of pizzaz. Perfect day wear when you're shopping, at the salon or at the airport. Leggings fall under my casual cute category and I can not get enough. A certain someone always has "something" to say when I'm getting dressed..."Let me guess, you're wearing leggings".  Not funny!
Below are a few pics of ladies rocking their leggings and info on where you can find them.


Available at www.floemporium.com


High waist leggings are fabulous.  If you have a small waist and a badunkadunk all you need is a cute cropped top, a fabulous pump, your jewelry and you are set! If your waist isn't your favorite attribute high waist leggings save you from crack (Read - Crack Kills). Instead of cropping it out, show a little shoulder with an awesome tunic.

Available at www.floemporium.com
Rocking the prints, everything else needs to be simple. Print leggings say so much but can also scream too much.




I've been asked numerous times about the jeans Tahiry wore on Love & Hip Hop.  American Apparel carries them.

F.I.T. (Fashion is Therapy) Tip: Changing your food intake? Craving sweets? Try Banana Ice Cream
Don't throw away your bananas once they change colors. Peel them, put them in a ziploc bag and freeze them.  When you want something sweet pull out the frozen bananas, throw them in the blender. The dessert is awesome! Add honey, vanilla extract and/or almond milk...you'll never want ice cream again. Yum!

Chat Later! :)
Happy Valentines Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment